Sunday, July 27, 2008

Busy Weekend

I love weekends! It is the time that Papa and I get to do projects together. This weekend we worked on a project that has been waiting in the garage for awhile. Papa sanded the wood bookcases and I used the tack cloth to remove the dust. Then we put on gloves and began the staining. We finish one bookcase before Papa went to the church for a baptism. I stayed home and finished the second bookcase.


The stain we used was a gel. It was really easy to use and has the sealant in it. We need to put on one or two more coats to provide enough protection to the wood. I will give it a light sanding and put on another coat in the next day or two. When we get back from vacation we will finish the project and move the bookcases into our office. It will be wonderful to have more space for our collection of books. We do miss the bookcases we had in Alamogordo!

After all the work we headed to an 'Evening of Dance' in Colonial Williamsburg. We watched a drama of an evening at the home of Mr. and Mrs. Essex, Virginia plantation owners. The audience was included in the drama as invited guests. We saw various colonial dances, listen to conversations, and witnessed matchmaking. I had an enjoyable time watching Papa dance with Mrs. Essex, wished I could have used a camera and taken a picture of that! We had a most excellent time!

1 comment:

Hans and Laurel said...

Glad to see that you guys are getting the bookcases done. They have been in the garage for a while now. They look good. Can't wait to see what they look like after you finish. The dancing at Williamsburg sounded like another fun night for you guys. Glad that you got those passes!