For the last few months, Mike and I have spent our spare time trying to find a home to buy. When we moved to Virginia we thought we would rent for a year and then buy a home. Twice we have found homes we wanted to buy, but neither time has it felt right. When our rental contract expired we went month to month, a little more pressure to find a house. The Middle of June we received a notice to vacant! Panic set in. We had to find a house! One Saturday we looked at eight different homes, but nothing still felt right. We wondered where we would be living in August. We checked into storage units for all our household goods and an apartment for us. On the following Sunday, Mike received a calling in the ward we now attend. After he was sustained in Sacrament meeting, I turned to him and asked, "Do you think we are suppose to stay where we are?" We called the agent that handles our rental property and asked to continue our contract. Then we fretted they would increase our rent. Yesterday we finally were able to sign the rental agreement - at the same rate! We love our home. It is comfortable, our furniture fits and who would want to give up this view!

So for now, we will be content to be renters instead of home owners. It is nice knowing that we will have a roof over our heads for the next little while.
4 comments:
I'm glad that your staying in that home. I really love it. If you moved again we would have to come out to a new home again. I like knowing where you live. I'm also glad they didn't raise the rent on you.
If you want, you could move out to Queen Creek, AZ and pretty much have your pick of houses. Two houses right next to me will be going up on auction in the near future. Now if only the temperature would drop about 20 degrees.
David, I'd love to live near you - we just have to get your Dad'd job to move there too!
Albuquerque's a lot cooler than Queen Creek! You could move back to NM, I mean, come on, you know you miss the Land of Enchantment!
:-)
Looking forward to seeing you guys soon ...
Post a Comment