It was fun having Tanya with us for three weeks before she left for France. It gave us time to do girl things!One of the things we love to do is explore new stores, and share stores that we love to go to. When we went to Hilton Head, Tanya took me to the most fantastic jewelry store, Black market Minerals. We had a great time looking at all the jewelry. These are a couple of the bracelets we couldn't resist.
We also spent some time making books. Tanya learned how on her previous visit to France. We made one last year, but I needed a refresher course. We made the covers and the inside pages while in Savannah, but ran out of time to do the binding. So, the night before Tanya flew to France we stayed up very late and bound two of the books. They will be great for scrapbooking or journals. Tanya took one to France with her. Thanks Tanya for your help. I want to make more!

Tanya has fallen in love with Tzaziki. It is a cucumber dip that she ate in a Greek restaurant. She found a recipe in a cookbook made by the Relief Society sisters in Alamogordo. We decided to make the dip, but Tanya decided she would make the pitas to dip instead of buying them.
She followed a recipe we found. Everything went well, the dough raised nicely, the pitas puffed up in the oven.
After the pitas come out of the oven, you stack them between towels, one on top of the other. The pitas eventually flatten. They looked great, but were a little to crispy. I guess we have to practice. Any ideas how to make them soft?The pitas tasted great with the Tzaziki.


3 comments:
Care to share the Tzaziki recipe? If I remember right, it's the good stuff we had to dip everything in at the Greek restaurant we went to in Savannah. I'm definitely going back there to eat if I get out to Savannah again!
The bracelets are so cute. I bet it was a fun store to go to. I am impressed with making your own pitas.
Here's the Tzaziki receipe we used. Don't know if it is a good as the Greek Restaurant in Savannah.
1 1/2 c. plain yogurt or sour cream
or combination of both
1 cucumber-grated and excess water wrung out with napkins
2 cloves of garlic, finely diced tsp. mint
1 tsp. lemon juice
Combine and dip your pits in.
Post a Comment