Tuesday, July 22, 2008

Barbeque

Because I prefer my hotdogs, hamburgers and chicken cooked on the grill I decided that tonight's lesson would be babeque 101 with Papa as the teacher. We found a marinade that we really like made by McCormick, Tomato, Garlic & Basil. I marinated the chicken for about an hour, then papa showed me how to fire up the grill. We cooked the chicken on foil. It was so tender and moist. Delicious!














While we were grilling we saw a muskrat swimming in the lake. We have spotted him several times in the last month. I ran for my camera. He came out of the water and was stuffing his cheeks with grass. I managed to get close enough for a couple of pictures before he scurried back to the lake.













I thought he was cute until I saw his tail! Now I know why they are called musk-rats!

3 comments:

Sunflower-6 said...

That chicken looks DELICIOUS!! Can you bring some with you when you come?!

Hans and Laurel said...

That tail is so gross. I do love BBQ season. We have been trying a lot of different seasonings this year as well. By the way - Dad's grill looks nice and clean.

TQ said...

i dont know if that muskrat is very cute...maybe you should borrow Hans' pellet gun. :) The chicken looks goodn though, we'll have to have it again when i get home!