



A couple weeks later, he decided that one box wasn't enough, so he built a second. He made a few modifications, decided it didn't need to be so deep.
Last weekend, Mike moved the planter boxes from the garage and spent the morning mixing soil and planting a few seeds and plants. We are looking forward to eating tomatoes, peas, beans, cucumbers, eggplant, and squash. We may have to add another planter box or two next year. There are certainly some things we can't grow - corn, watermelon, cantaloupe. A few trips to the farmer's market should satisfy our cravings for those.





Mike's next project is to replace the lawn. He has already sprayed, trying to kill what is growing. He'll soon be clearing out the dead grass and weeds and bringing in top soil.

2 comments:
nice job on the planter boxes. Each year I add another box or 2 to my garden. I'm actually doing pretty good this year. We've had some great cucumbers. Still waiting for the tomatoes and zuchini. I think our next planting season starts in August, so I need to start planning on what to plant.
I like those planter boxes - a great idea. I wish our backyard was bigger so we could have a bigger garden. It's funny to say that considering how much I hated the HUGE garden you made us weed all summer long growing up in Idaho. Of course Mike & Dave would be the ones out weeding while I slept in. I just liked working in the heat of the day. I hated that garden - now I wish I could have one that size of my own. Funny how things change ...
Post a Comment