Monday, March 2, 2009

Winter is Here!













With signs of spring all around, we get our first snow storm of winter! Daffodils are blooming, the tulips, Mike planted, are peeking through the soil, and the buds on the trees are ready to pop. March has definitely come in as a lion. Here are a few pictures of our wonderful weather. I will certainly enjoy my extended weekend.























Our snow is nothing like Spokane, Washington's winter, but is does bring the area to a slow pace and closes the schools. I love watching the flakes fall, curling up in a blanket and watching a movie or reading a good book. Of course, the day isn't complete without a cup of hot chocolate with marshmallows!

3 comments:

Hans and Laurel said...

The pics look great. I like the last one showing the tree bud. I can't believe you actually got a real snow day! I know you had one earlier but with no snow to show.

Oh I like the new layout

David said...

It looks beautiful. I can't remember the last time I saw snow actually fall from the sky. Here it is March and you guys get snow, while we are getting up around 90 degrees.

Unknown said...

Alison! What fun to find this spot of yours! I look forward to additional posts, after things calm down a bit after May! Nice to see your house, etc. All the best.
Kathleen & Stephen