Sunday, September 7, 2008

The Big Event

Saturday, August 16th was the BIG DAY, the reason the whole family gathered in Logan, Utah. We all came to celebrate the marriage of JaNae and Michael. Michael came over early Saturday morning, picked Papa and I up, and we went to Angie's for breakfast. I had granola, yogurt and fresh fruit. Michael chose french toast and Papa had the country breakfast. Michael dropped us off to get ready and he decided to stop by the store to get sgorts to pack for the honeymoon. When he came out, his truck wouldn't start! (Does something always have to happen to cause stress on a wedding day?) He called, and David and I picked him up and took him to his apartment to get ready.
JaNae and Michael were married in the Logan Temple. Laurel graciously took care of all twelve grandchildren, with the help of Christine, while the ceremony took place. They loaded the children in two vans, and were at the temple to watch Michael and JaNae come out. It was a beautiful ceremony, and the officiator provided bits of humor throughout the event.

After David finished with photos at the Temple we took Michael to his apartment to pack and get ready for the reception. David edited three of the photos and had them printed for the reception. Papa went to Michael's truck, figured out what was wrong, and brought it back to the apartment.


That evening we dined and danced at Sherwood Hills. The food was delicious, especially the berry cobbler. The grandchildren had a great time dancing, the girls loved dancing with Michael. Tristen was a little hesitant about dancing, until his mom showed him a few moves - Jonathan even had a few moves to share!





Welcome to the Christensen Clan, JaNae. We are so happy to have you as part of the family. We look forward to sharing many memories with you and Michael.

2 comments:

TQ said...

hmmm....I think Tristan may have been better off on his own. :)

Hans and Laurel said...

Who is that crazy person in the red dress?? Oh wait - that is me. Nice pictures. I love the one of Jon too. Do you remember the picture I took of you and Dad for the guest book? Its funny that it didn't make it onto my blog...well I'll have to fix that =)JK - It was fun dancing with Tristen